CYO Fall Sports Overview
CYO is a ministry for ALL parish children grades 2-8. All registrants will be placed on a team.
Fall Sports. Registration is OPEN! CLICK HERE
- Cross Country (Boys and Girls, Grade 3-8) – $80
- Flag Football (Boys, Grade 2-8) – $115
- Tackle Football (Boys, Grade 5-8) – $230
- Volleyball (Girls, Grade 3-8) – 3rd and 4th: $75 and 5th-8th: $95
- Uniforms, equipment and practices are included in registration cost.
Fall Sports season details:
- Football season starts August 5th. Mandatory football helmet fitting June 12 or 13 from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Enter the school basement at the SW door of the school under the library. We cannot guarantee a football helmet for the player if they are not measured and you may need to purchase your own helmet. Optional football camp August 6th – August 8th (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) at Sacred Heart School practice field the first 2 nights, then Thursday at St. James.7:00 – 8:30 pm each night. https://shoj.wufoo.com/forms/sacred-heart-football-camp-for-3rd8th-2019/
- Flag Football begins August 12th
- Cross county begins August 12th
- Volleyball tryouts for grades 5-8 are August 13th and 14th. Coaches will contact you with details once you are registered and they have information to pass on. (Everyone makes a team. 3rd and 4th divided equally, 5th-8th divided by ability. For 5th – 8th grade, if you do not attend tryouts and you have not played on a 5th-8th grade team previously, you will be placed on the lower team):
- 5:00-6:00 pm 3rd grade (on August 13th)
- 5:00-6:00 pm 4th grade (on August 14th)
- 6:00-7:00 pm 5th grade
- 7:00-8:00 pm 6th grade
- 8:00-9:00 pm 7th grade
- 9:00-10:00 pm 8th grade
PPEs are no longer required to participate in CYO sports. We continue to strongly urge you to consult with your healthcare provider regarding your child’s fitness to participate in CYO sports, but we will no longer be requiring PPEs.
- Parents are the coaches and we need many to guide the youth. If interested, CLICK HERE.
- Complete Play Like A Champion program offered by CYO (parents only need to complete one time).
- Volunteer at the concession stand which helps support our CYO program.
- Need based scholarships are available through the CYO office.
- The deadline is August 1. https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7ad08f_3e642b9aee454b2fb21690625e41dca5.pdf
Community Service hours
- There are many opportunities to get community service hours. If interested, please text Maureen Goetz at 913-708-2223.
Fall Sports Coordinators
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our coordinators:
|Flag Football:||Darrin Donnelly||785-317-4790|
|Tackle Football:||Joe Boone||913-205-4435|
|Cross Country:||Patricia May||913-634-7424|