Sacred Heart Youth Ministry is constantly striving to better assist parents in being first teachers of the faith and help their teens guide and grow their relationship with Jesus and with others. Raising a happy, well adjusted and successful child is a tough job and we know that most parents appreciate a little help. Here a few recommended resources for parents with teens to consider:
- Roy Petitfils is an internationally recognized expert in understanding and raising teenagers. He is a therapist at Pax Renewal Center in Lafayette, Louisiana. Check out his Facebook page and blogs for expert tips and advice.
- Cynthia Tobias and Jean Daly explain how parents can successfully navigate the challenges they face in dealing with the physical, emotional and social changes their children experience during the middle school years. Click here for Part 1 and click here for Part 2.
- How to prepare your child for Middle School is a great article for parents with children transitioning into middle school.
- Author Erin MacPherson and her mother, Ellen Schuknecht, an educator, offer encouragement and advice to moms of early grade school-aged children. Click here to watch the video.
- SIgn up for Parent Life! CLICK HERE and go to “sign up now” to create own Login using the parish code: sacredheart66226. The Parent Life Website where you will find incredible content to help you through the very challenging and blessed years of raising teenagers. We hope to serve you by giving you access to ideas, tips, and information on a variety of topics that will bless you, your marriage, and your family. Enjoy!